Stay safe as temperatures drop | Transportation
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory that takes effect at 6 p.m. Tuesday and lasts until 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Here’s some information on how to stay safe from the Shelby County government:
- If you don't have to venture out, stay in.
- Avoid traveling alone on less-traveled roads.
- Let someone know your route and timetable.
- Have a full gas tank.
- Check wipers, antifreeze and tire pressure.
- Keep a winter emergency kit on board along with blankets, first aid supplies and snack foods.
Dress for the cold weather:
- Wear layers of clothing, a hat and gloves.
For the latest traffic information, click here.
Photo courtesy Flickr user The_Skinny_Boy.